Minutes of Previous Meetings


Goderich Ringette Association

Meeting Minutes

Wednesday May 29, 2024

6:30pm

Megan Frayne’s home

In attendance, Megan Frayne (President), Mark Moore (Vice President), Andria Croteau (Secretary), Lorraine Ridder (Treasurer), Brian Hesse (Past President), Jenni Arthur (Registration), Tiffany Craig (Communications), Linda Bollinger (Fundraising Chair) Rachel Lynn and Becky Meriam (Goderich Ringette Day), Becky Moore (Coach Liaison), Tanya Shepherd (Player Development), Derrick Vallee (Equipment Manager), Wes Morley (Statistician/Webmaster), Joan Austin (Ice Scheduler)

 

Welcome

Approval of meeting minutes from AGM April 23, 2024

MOTION:   Lorraine Ridder                        SECONDED:    Becky Meriam                               CARRIED

 

Registration

  • Currently have 76 players registered
  • Executive will need to split teams in August so that teams have enough time to register for tournaments, etc.
  • Early Bird Registration ends June 14th.
  • Registration will close July 31st.
  • First payments are due October 1st

 

Treasurer Update

  • Ended the season with a $2000 loss

Player Development

              Penalty Clinic

  • Lots of interest from coaches for a penalty clinic
  • Chris Elliott from Mitchell has organized in the past. Possibly have some older players demonstrate right and alternative options. Discussion that Danielle and Dan could assist with this as well. Ref’s that attended would get paid for their time.
  • Suggest that parents attend
  • Speak to parent at the first parent meeting.
  • Tiffany will create a new Instagram account for GRA that would include video and reels from the clinic.

Power Skating

  • More power skating is needed in the beginning of the season
  • Power skating will host two teams at once (if numbers allow)
  • Suggested that Kim coach the older teams and Trish teach the younger teams
  • Some coaches are quite skilled at skating and could also run some power skating days

Communications Update

  • 14 Days left of the early bird pricing.
  • Tiffany looking for pictures for our 40th Also looking to create a logo for the 40th.
  • Suggested asking Eunice to volunteer some hours and take pictures of the players on and off the ice. These will be used for social media as well as Ringette Day.
  • Wes to create a separate email address for GRA 40th.

Coaches/Bench Staff

  • Mainly positive feedback from coaches that completed the survey. All agreed to return
  • Coaches would like more coaches’ meetings
  • Coaches would also like transparency from the executive. Wes to post minutes on the website.

Parent Reps

  • Coaches would also like more responsibility put on parent reps. Parent reps need to be established before the season starts so the responsibility does not fall on coaches.
  • Becky and Becky will create a list of expectations for parent reps

Fun 1,2,3 program

  • Difference in skill level is different for all fun players. Suggested that this be a tiered system where players move up by levels.
  • Players will be evaluated and placed in appropriate levels at the beginning. If there is a price difference by level, parents will have the option to pay the additional registration when their child moves up.

Budget for 2024-2025

  • Previous year we had a loss of $2000
  • Increase of $50 in GRA registration cost will hopefully make up for that loss.
  • GRA is currently well below other Ringette Associations registrations, as well as hockey registration costs.
  • Other associations charge a bond fee. Possibly re look at that option

WRRA/WRRL/LORL (points from meeting)

  • LORL would like to cover ref costs. Surprised at how much GRA had been paying our refs, especially in travel fees.
  • U14 and up can choose not to play mixed teams. All mixed teams must be declared.
  • Fun groups will be geographical all season. U12 and U14 will be geographical the first half of the season but will depend on standings for the second half.
  • Less teams in U16 and U19, therefore there will be more driving.
  • LORL looking at region to host regionals. There could be up to 136 teams, not including U12

Equipment Update

  • New and Used equipment sale will take place July 31st at the YMCA. Jenni to have ringette pant size options (will not have the actual pants to try) This is also the last day for registration.
  • We will also sponsor an ice time July 31st while the equipment sale is taking place
  • GRA will possibly need an extra set of jerseys depending on numbers. The cost of new jerseys is approximately $2500. GRA will look at contacting UNIFOR again to ask about sponsorship. Lance Greer is the contact.
  • First Aid kits need updating. Derrik to reach out to Jennessa’s grandfather regarding supplies.
  • Additional rings will be purchased at Canadian Tire.

Ice Schedule Update

  • Ringette Day Committee met and are looking at scheduling some black out days this coming season. Ringette Day will consist of two days (Friday and Saturday). There will be Alumni games, each team will have a game as well as a showcase game.
  • Looking at January 3rd as a Black out Day to host a 3 on 3 tournament. Could use Blyth or Zurich arenas.
  • Possibility of the Saturday before Young Canada week as a black out or additional Ringette Day, so that every team plays that day.
  • Ice Times this year will be Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. The times will be set at the Ice Scheduling meeting in July at the YMCA. Suggested that we start utilizing Zurich arena as quite a few of the coaches requested more ice time and full ice times.

Ringette Day

  • Committee met and had lots of great ideas for the day.
  • Looking at getting sponsorships and donations. Looking at partnering with the Town of Goderich
  • Lots of merch for sale
  • Showcase games, alumni games, player games
  • Kids dance will be held at Memorial arena and will be separate from Ringette Day. Will be a Halloween Dance for kids.
  • Mural will be complete for Ringette Day. Veronica will also be running a coloring contest
  • GRA will have the YMCA gym for the entire day. Theme will be ringette, so will incorporate ringette themed games in the gym. Snippity has been booked.

Fundraising Update

  • Will look at doing most of what was done last year, starting with smoothies and pepperettes.
  • Letters are going out now regarding donations for the raffle calendars.
  • Suggested that we look into signing up to the London Knights for their 50-50 draw proceeds.
  • Parent reps to take on more of a role to assist Linda.

Officiating

  • Karen will send document to GRA, which outlines policies and what is happening

In Camera Session

New Business

  • Request for swag this year. Who will take this on? Where do we order?
  • Discussion regarding tablet for games rather than having parents use their personal phones.
  • Megan will pass on any pertinent information from the LORL meeting

Next meeting date:  Thursday August 8th at 6:30pm Meeting to be held at Community Living Central Huron. 267 Suncoast Drive East

Adjournment 9:22 pm

RAMP Registration

Join thousands of association partners using RAMP Registration Solutions.

More Information

RAMP Official Assigning

#1 with Officials...for very good reasons.

More Information

RAMP Websites

Manage your identity from the palm of your hand to the top of your desk.

More Information

RAMP Team App

Keep your coaches, parents, athletes, and fans connected, seamlessly.

More Information